What works? Evidence on the role of faith in poverty reduction
AbstractConference report from Yale University 20 & 21 September 2016 on measuring, evaluating and reporting the role of faith-based intervetions on reducing povery and promoting well-being globaly.
2. United States Agency for International Development. Center for Faith-Based and Community Initiatives. Available at: https://www.usaid.gov/faith-based-and-community-initiatives
3.The World Bank Group. Faith and Religious Organizations. Available at: http://www.worldbank.org/en/about/partners/brief/faith-based-organizations
4. The International Partnership on Religion and Sustainable Development (PaRD). Available at: http://www.partner-religion-development.org/
5.Wydick B. Measuring Hope. Development Impact. The World Bank Group. 18 April 2013. Available at: http://blogs.worldbank.org/impactevaluations/measuring-hope-guest-post-by-bruce-wydick
6. The World Bank Group. Global INsights Initiative (#WB_GINI). Behavioral and Social Change for Development. Available at: http://www.worldbank.org/en/programs/gini
7. Woodberry RD. The Missionary Roots of Liberal Democracy American Political Science Review 106 (2) May 2012, pp. 244-274 https://doi.org/10.1017/S0003055412000093
8. Rambo LR, Bauman SC. Psychology of Conversion and Spiritual Transformation.
Pastoral Psychol 61 (2012): 879. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11089-011-0364-5
9. Sherman AC, Simonton S, Adams DC, Latif U, Plante TG, Burns, SK and Poling, T (2001), Measuring religious faith in cancer patients: reliability and construct validity of the Santa Clara strength of religious faith questionnaire . Psycho-Oncology 10: 2001, 436–443. https://doi.org/10.1002/pon.523
10. The LIGHT Wheel: The Learning and Impact Guide to Holistic Transformation. Available at:
11. HOPE Quotient monitoring and evaluation survey. Available at:
12. Asis MG and Woolcock M. Operationalizing the Science of Delivery Agenda to Enhance Development Results. World Bank Group. Oct 2015, 2-6. Available at: https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/bitstream/handle/10986/23226/K8526.pdf?sequence=1
13. Sidibé M, Religion and Sustainable Development. Faith and International Affairs 14(3), Fall 2016, 1-4. https://doi.org/10.1080/15570274.2016.1215848
14. Joint Learning Initiative on Faith and Local Communities. Evidence Working Group. Guide to Excellence in Evidence for Faith Groups. Available at: http://guide.jliflc.com/resources
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Christian Journal for Global Health applies the Creative Commons Attribution License to all articles that we publish. Under this license, authors retain ownership of copyright for their articles or they can transfer copyright to their institution, but authors allow anyone without permission to copy, distribute, transmit, and/or adapt articles, even for commercial purposes so long as the original authors and Christian Journal for Global Health are appropriately cited.Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.