Research and Reflection in Christian Global Health Policy and Practice
A peer-reviewed, scholarly and multidisciplinary journal on global health policy and practice, promoting evidence-based and thoughtful analysis on effective and innovative approaches to global health from an integrated Christian perspective.
- Articulation and dissemination of evidence-based best practices among health-related institutions and Christian faith-based organizations (FBOs) leading to better health outcomes for the world’s underserved populations.
- Improved understanding of intercultural work undertaken by the Christian health mission sector in the context of health care and promotion for greater impact.
- Increased world-wide exposure to the innovations, experiences and perspectives of faith-based global health workers, advancing their professional development.
- Enhanced measurement and evaluation of outcomes for programs and initiatives to maximize stewardship and improve results in resource-constrained regions.
- Deepened understanding and action of the global Church in its role in health and healing.
- Integrated disciplines of public health, community development, biomedicine and theology in order to strengthen a wholistic multi-ethnic response to global health issues.
Focus and Scope
The Journal publishes evidence-based research and Christian reflection addressing the biological, social, environmental, psychological and spiritual determinants of health in a global context. The broad scope of the journal facilitates actionable learning and capacity building in development contexts within a scholarly framework. Topics include:
- Community and Public Health (Health Promotion/Prevention, Nutrition and Food Security, Environmental Health, Maternal and Child Health, Community Development)
- Health Care Services (Primary Health Care, Surgical Service, Disaster and Emergency, Rehabilitative services, Mental Health, Palliative Care)
- Organization (Administration and Finance, Policy and Advocacy, Workforce)
- Mission and Health (Theology, Outreach, Transformational Development)
- Conditions of Special Interest (HIV/AIDS, Non-Communicable Disease, Neglected Tropical Diseases)
Types of Articles Published
- Original Research
- Review Articles
- Case studies
- Case Reports
- Study Design Articles
- Short Communications/Field Reports
- Current Debates
- Opinion Pieces
- Training Materials and Tools
- Book Reviews
- Journal Article Reviews
- Conference Summaries